25 June 2010

A Volunteer's Thoughts on Moroccan Education

As volunteers working with youth, my American friends and I got to observe much of the interactions between students and their schools here in Morocco. Not to say that the US Education System is fantastic, but looking at the experience that most kids have in public school here, I am very thankful for the tax dollars that gave me my fantastic primary and secondary education.

For a more in-depth look at the problems we see with our students, please go here to a fellow volunteers blog. She takes a look at how the Moroccan education is basically set up to help students FAIL, and offers some small suggestions.

Considering I was raised in an academic, education-focused family, this topic is especially interesting to me, and I welcome your comments, suggestions, and thoughts.

No comments: