27 March 2012

Omani Blog Makeover

I'm going to Oman!  Some of you who are regular followers of this blog may have noticed a few changes here and there.  That's because, as of Sunday night, I found out that I am officially going to Oman this summer to study Arabic.  Huzzah!

I'm very excited to start blogging again, posting information here about Oman - as I learn it - before I depart at the end of May, and posting thoughts and summaries of my experiences while I am there.  I hope also to learn more about the sociolinguistic situation in Oman, compare my experiences in Morocco with those in Oman, and, if there's time, interview some of my fellow students and include their thoughts on this blog, if they are willing.

For now, I will leave you with an introductory CNN video that gives you (and me!) a glimpse of the town where I will be living for 8 weeks this summer.  Enjoy!



No comments: